Journal Writing Guide
GUIDELINES FOR WRITING ARTICLES JOURNAL DINAMIKA BAHARI
- Articles must be original, the results of their own work, have never been published in other media, and are not in the process of being considered for publication in other media;
- The theme of the article contains the results of research or ideas (conceptual) about Navigation, Shipping Engineering, Port and Sea Transportation Management, Maritime Education, Marine Environment, Logistics, Marine Transportation Management.
- Articles are written in Indonesian or English on A4 size paper, in 2 column format (except for Abstract, single column and font size 11pt), single-spaced, using Times New Roman font size 12pt;
- Arrangement of research articles;
- Title (capital each word, bold, font 14);
- Author's name;
- Author's Affiliation;
- Abstracts are written in Indonesian and English, in 1 column format and 11pt Times New Roman font, 150-200 words. Abstract in English is written in italic font. The abstracts contain information about objectives, methods, and conclusions;
- Keywords (3-5 keywords, taken from the title or abstract);
- Introduction (contains background of the problem, literature review / foundation teori, and research problems / objectives, a maximum of 30% of articles);
- Methods (containing research types / approaches, subjects / populations / samples, data collection and analysis methods);
- Bibliography (only contains references referred to or quoted);
- References / libraries use a direct referral system, placed in brackets, by including the author's last name, year of publication, and page, for example: Joseph (2008: 25) or (Joseph, 2008: 25). In the case of multiple references or more sources are written sequentially based on an earlier publication year, using the semicolom sign [;] as a separator between authors, for example: (Yusuf, 2000: 25; Formen, 2001: 27; Muhammad, 2002: 24);
- Bibliography is arranged based on the author's last name. Bibliography is recommended tobe written using reference management application such as Mendeley. The writing format used is in accordance with the APA (American Psychological Association) format.
Author, A. A., Author, B. B., & Author, C. C. (year). Title. Publisher.
Calfee, R. C., & Valencia, R. R. (1991). APA guide to preparing manuscripts for journal publication. American Psychological Association.
Author, A. A., Author, B. B., & Author, C. C. (year). Title. [Ebook]. Publisher. URL
De Huff, E. W. (n.d.). Taytay’s tales: Traditional Pueblo Indian tales. [Ebook]. http://digital.library.upenn.edu/women/dehuff/taytay/taytay.html
Author, A. A., Author, B. B., & Author, C. C. (year). Title of Article. Title of Periodical Journal, volume number (issue number), page range.
Harlow, H. F. (1983). Fundamentals for preparing psychology journal articles. Journal of Comparative and Physiological Psychology, 55(2), 893-896.
Author, A. A., Author, B. B., & Author, C. C. (year). Title of Article. Title of Periodical Journal, volume number (issue number), page range. https://doi.org/
Brownlie, D. (2007). Toward effective poster presentations: An annotated bibliography. European Journal of Marketing, 41(3), 1245-1283. https://doi.org/10.1108/03090560710821161
Author, A. A., Author, B. B., & Author, C. C. (year, month date). Title of Article. Title of Magazine. URL
Parker-Pope, T. (2008, May 6). Psychiatry handbook linked to drug industry. The New York Times. https://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/05/06/psychiatry-handbook-linked-to-drug-industry/
Author, A. A., Author, B. B., & Author, C. C. (Year, month date). Title of Article. Title of Website. URL
Martin Lillie, C. M. (2016, December 29). Be kind to yourself: How self-compassion can improve your resiliency. Mayo Clinic. https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/adult-health/in-depth/self-compassion-can-improve-your-resiliency/art-20267193